Ajna (Sanskrit: आज्ञा, IAST: Ājñā), or third-eye chakra, is the sixth primary chakra in the body according to Hindu tradition. ... While a person's two eyes see the physical world, the third eye is believed to reveal insights about the future.
How to exercise your 3rd eye chakra
Let’s explore simple yet efficient exercises to support the opening of your 3rd eye. Here’s a list of practices that will give a boost to your intuitive energy center.
- Exercise your intuition; it’s the main function of the third eye
- Rest under the moon light and reflect; the moon light resembles the quality of light of your intuitive center
- Nurture silence to hear the wisdom of the third eye; listen, the 3rd eye’s sound is more like a whisper
- Strengthen the energy of your first chakra, as well as your throat chakra; both are useful anchors for unlocking the energy of your third eye in powerful and balanced ways
- Divination practices
- Dream work, dream interpretation, lucid dreaming
- Guided meditation, silent meditation
- Let your imagination loose
- See, focus on the space “in between” things
- Be curious about symbolic meanings, symbols around you in different cultures and time periods
- Commune with nature and the energy of the elements
- Enjoy creative crafts
- Free flow
- Working with inner guidance, spirit guides
- Practice contemplation
- Cultivate your psychic abilities
Feel free to try and enjoy the exploration. It’s the best way to get energy flowing in the third eye after all.
How does the pineal gland impacts the awakening of the third eye?
Positioned between the brows and just above the eye level, the 3rd eye is associated with intuition and wisdom. In the human body, this energy center is traditionally associated with the pituitary gland, as well as the pineal gland.
Glands and chakras are intimately related as they represent different levels of bodily functions, the first one being focused on the physical, the other on the subtle energetic level. The pituitary gland is considered to be the “master gland” in the human body because it controls most of the other glands and their hormone production.
What about the pineal gland? The pineal gland is located in the middle of the brain, at the same level as the eyes. Its connection with the third eye chakra or Ajna in the Hindu system has long been investigated by yogic traditions and modern metaphysics alike. They view this gland as a possible seat of the soul and its development, a source for mystical experiences and extrasensory perception or psychic abilities.
This gland is usually considered to be in charge of producing melatonin and regulating our sleep cycle and our sexual maturation. The ways it functions is closely connected to the cycles of light and darkness.
To suport your pineal gland and the awakening of your third eye, here’s what you can do:
- Go outside and get lots of natural light.
- Eat foods or supplements that support a healthy activity of the pineal gland (and counter its calcification), such as iodine, chlorella, apple cider, Tamarind fruit (as it helps remove excess of fluoride involved in decreased pineal activity).
- Meditate; meditation balances the activity of the nervous system and stimulates parts of the brain that help the pineal gland.
- Spend time in complete darkness, as it stimulates a healthy activity in the gland and production of its associated hormones.
Free File of the Week!
You are able to download this item for free for a limited time. Updates and support are only available if you purchase this item.Download Now!
Future product updates
|First Release||6 October 2018|
|Last updated||12 October 2018|
Meditation 6th chakra
Your intuition and higher wisdom come alive when this energy center is fully open and balanced. Unfortunately, for most of us, developing our third eye chakra and its abilities is challenging at best,Download Now